Personnel Projects Resume
Site Development Projects. Site development project design experience involves site planning, construction administration, and comprehensive site engineering design including geometric layout, grading, storm water management, fire protection and potable water systems, sanitary sewer systems, erosion control, storm water pollution prevention, construction specifications, construction cost estimates, site surveying, shop drawing review, and construction inspection. Wide-ranging site development projects include:
- Traffic Operations Building, St. Louis County Department of Highways and Traffic. St. Louis, Missouri. Site design for a new $3.60M, 25,000 sq. ft. facility accommodating offices, warehousing, sign fabrication and vehicle work bays. Parking lot contains 84 vehicle spaces including the required handicapped spaces and truck parking spaces. Design features include sanitary sewers, domestic and fire protection water systems, grading, asphalt paving and curbs, and storm water detention facilities for this 7-acre site.
- Missouri Wildlife Rescue Center, State of Missouri, Ballwin, Missouri. Site improvements in support of a building expansion including design of parking areas, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, grading, and floodplain development permitting.
- Carved Capacity Plant Expansion, Nestlé Purina PetCare, Allentown, Pennsylvania. Site improvements in support of a building expansion including the design of storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and pavement repairs.
- Warren Elementary School, Cottleville, Missouri. Site development design for the construction of a new school in the Francis Howell School District. This 20-acre site included all new infrastructure (storm sewers, sanitary sewers, water, gas, electric, parking areas and drives, play areas, ball fields and earthwork). This two-phase project included a scheduled expansion of the school building and site one year after the opening of the school.
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Atlantic Division, Europe, North Africa, Southwestern Asia, the Azores, and Iceland. Heavy Drop Rigging Facility (HDRF), LANTDIV, Camp Ederle, Aviano Air Base, Italy - The design of site improvements for a 26,000 SF three-lane rigging facility with covered vehicle, pallet processing, and loading dock areas, a 4,634 SF high-line shed, a covered fuel/defuel area, and a covered vehicle wash area with six wash stations. The rigging facility includes a 35-ton bridge crane, two 2-ton monorails, three 35-ton vehicle scales, a carpenter shop, a parachute drying tower, a release shop, and administrative space. The HDRF will be located in proximity to the hot (explosive) cargo pad.
- City Hall Expansion, City of Edmundson, Missouri. Site development design for the construction of an expansion that more than doubled the size of the existing City Hall. Site improvements included parking area expansion, grading of the site, storm sewer improvements and City Park improvements.
- Residential Developments: Garden Castle Estates in Kirkwood, Missouri; Castle Ridge Estates in Cottleville, Missouri; June’s Lane in St. Louis County, Missouri; Frieberg Estates, Windmill Summit, Moraine Meadows, and The Estates at Castlegate, in Jefferson County, Missouri; Eagle Pointe, Autumn Trail, Plantation Parc Estates, and Quiet Village, in St. Charles County, Missouri; and Flint Hill Country Estates in Flint Hill, Missouri.
- Commercial Developments: Kid’s Academy Day Care, DTS Trucking, and Noah’s Ark 2 By 2 Day Care in Wentzville, Missouri; Kid’s Academy Day Care in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri; Vetta Indoor Sports in Cottleville, Missouri; Shops on Main Strip Center in O’Fallon, Missouri.
- Military Developments: Airborne Deployment Heavy Drop Rigging Facility and Airborne Deployment Personnel Alert Holding Area at the Aviano Air Base, Italy; Repair of secondary roads and parking areas at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base near Mount Clemens, Michigan.
- Institutional Development: Immaculate Conception Parish facilities in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri; and City Park and Temporary City Hall in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri.
Sanitary Sewer Improvement Projects. Sanitary sewer improvement design experience involves system analysis and calibrated modeling of existing systems, relief planning, comprehensive engineering design, easement preparation and acquisition services, construction specifications, construction cost estimates, site surveying, shop drawing review, and construction inspection. Sanitary sewer improvement projects include:
- FF-07 Fee Fee Creek Sanitary Sewer Relief, Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, St. Louis, Missouri. The study and design of approximately 5,320 feet of 12-inch to 30-inch diameter sanitary sewer lines. The project involves the analysis of the size of the sewers, recommendation on alignment and lengths, including the hydraulic analysis and the preparation of complete construction plans and specifications. Project included the preparation of construction plans, specifications, easement documents and estimates of construction costs. Total Estimated Project Cost: $2.30M.
- CSO – Waverton and Magnolia CSO Interceptor (I-179) Elimination, Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, St. Louis, Missouri. The study and design of approximately 5,900 feet of 4-inch to 18-inch sanitary sewers and 3,300 feet of 12-inch to 48-inch storm sewer lines. The project involves the analysis of the inflow and infiltration into the combined sewer system, recommendation for storm sewer separation including utility relocation, alignment selection, and construction plans and specifications. Project included the preparation of construction plans, specifications, easement documents and estimates of construction costs. Total Estimated Project Cost: $0.93M.
- Reav-Tel Sanitary Relief, Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, St. Louis, Missouri. The study and design of approximately 2,900 feet of 12-inch to 30-inch diameter sanitary sewer lines. Responsibilities include analysis of the size of sewers, recommendation on alignment and lengths, hydraulic analysis, and complete engineering and design. Project included the analysis of the existing sanitary sewer hydraulics using Hydra© modeling software and the preparation of construction plans and specifications. Total Estimated Project Cost: $1.80M.
Sanitary Sewer Planning Projects. City-wide sanitary sewer system studies for service areas in the cities in St. Charles County, Missouri. These studies included a feasibility study comparing gravity and pump station systems; city utility maps update; population growth and wastewater generation rate projection; location and size of sanitary trunk sewers recommendations; and capital cost, design fees, and short-range operation and maintenance cost estimates. Including the following projects:
- City of Flint Hill, Missouri, City-wide sanitary sewer study including definition of the tributary service area, project of the ultimate loading on the sewer, selection of possible locations of trunk main sewers. This sanitary sewer study was performed as a part of the creation of the city’s comprehensive plan.
- City of Cottleville, Missouri, City-wide sanitary sewer study including definition of the tributary service area, project of the ultimate loading on the sewer, selection of possible locations of trunk main sewers. Study included the coordination of sanitary sewer planning with the adjacent city of St. Peters, Missouri.
Surveying Projects. General surveying experience includes all aspects of field surveying, including the collection of field data, office calculations, preparation of plats and boundary surveys, field reconnaissance, records research, preparation of right-of-way plans, and construction staking and layout.
Floodplain Analysis Projects. Floodplain analysis studies to determine the impact of development in special flood hazard areas including the following projects:
- Henning Road Improvements at Dardenne Creek in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri, Floodplain analysis of the existing roadway and bridge using HEC-2 modeling software. Recommendations were made to raise the existing roadway located within the flood hazard area and lengthen the existing bridge to meet Local Public Agency Design Standards. Total Estimated Project Cost: $2.03M.
- McCluer Road Improvements at Tributary No. 13 to Dardenne Creek in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri, Floodplain analysis using HEC-2 modeling software of existing 22-foot long bridge and replace with triple box structure to prevent upstream flooding. Total Project Cost: $2.81M.
- Lansdowne Avenue Bridge Replacement at River Des Peres in St. Louis, Missouri, Floodplain analysis of River Des Peres using HEC-RAS modeling software to facilitate the replacement of the Lansdowne Avenue bridge, assure a “no-rise” condition, and meet Federal design standards. Total Project Cost: $4.30M.
- River Des Peres Boulevard Bridge replacement at Mackenzie Creek in St. Louis, Missouri, Floodplain analysis of the existing roadway and bridge using HEC-RAS modeling software. Recommendations were made to replace the existing bridge with a ConSpan bridge system to meet Local Public Agency Design Standards and facilitate a quick construction schedule to limit disruption of this heavily traveled boulevard. Total Estimated Project Cost: $0.80M.
Wastewater Treatment Projects. Performed design calculations and cost estimates for the wastewater treatment facility for the city of O’Fallon, Missouri, to increase the capacity from 7.5 to 10.0-MGD. The project involved design of a primary clarifier, an aeration tank, a final clarifier, modifications to the existing chlorine gas disinfecting system, an emergency chlorine gas scrubber, a computer based treatment plant monitoring system, a septage tank receiving station, and a primary sludge pumping station. Performed a capacity study and prepared a hydraulic model prior to recommendations for the wastewater treatment plant expansion.
Trail Facility Projects. Trail facility design experience includes the 2.2-mile Mid Rivers Mall Drive bicycle trail located in St. Peters, Missouri; a 1.3-mile bicycle trail in the Missouri Research Park in Weldon Spring, Missouri; the 1.1-mile Henning Road bicycle trail in Dardenne Prairie, Missouri; and the 1.7-mile multipurpose trail loop in the Meacham Grove Forest Preserve in Bloomingdale, Illinois. Prepared a study for the city of Dardenne Prairie, Missouri, in which an evaluation of existing conditions was performed, recommendations for improvements were made, and a city-wide Trail Plan was developed including cost estimates and specific recommendations for trails.
Lakeshore and Riverbank Stabilization Projects. These projects included lakeshore stabilization of Pickeral Lake, Catfish Pond, Horsetail Pond and Beaver Slough located in the Pratts Wayne Woods Forest Preserve in Wayne, Illinois; lakeshore stabilization of Herrick Lake located in the Herrick Lake Forrest Preserve in Wheaton, Illinois; riverbank stabilization and dam reconstruction of the West Branch of the DuPage River located in the West Branch Forest Preserve in Bartlett, Illinois; and riverbank stabilization of the East Branch of the DuPage River located in the Churchill Woods Forest Preserve in Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
Transportation Improvement Projects. Transportation engineering projects, including roadway design, intersection design and layout, traffic impact studies, construction traffic control, construction specifications, construction cost estimates and construction inspection. Engineering design and project management services for many roadway improvement projects as the engineering representative for the cities of Dardenne Prairie and Cottleville, Missouri. Transportation project experience includes surveying, preliminary plans, right-of-way acquisition, right-of-way plans, permitting, final plans, construction documents, bid solicitation, bid tabulation, and construction administration. Transportation improvement project experience includes the following specific projects:
- Henning Road, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri. From Bates Road to Weldon Springs Road. Widening from 2 to 3 lanes. Total Estimated Project Cost: $2.03M. (1.0 mile).
- McCluer Road, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri. From Highway N to Henning Road. Widening from 2 to 3 lanes. Total Project Cost: $2.81M. (1.3 mile).
- Feise Road Extension, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri. West of Hanley Road to Henke Road. Construction of new 3-lane roadway. Total Estimated Project Cost: $1.93M (0.8 miles).
- Cottleville Parkway, in Cottleville, Missouri. From Weiss Rd to Mid Rivers Mall Drive. Construction of new 4-lane roadway. Included widening of Mid Rivers Mall Drive from its intersection with Cottleville Parkway south to Dardenne Creek and the widening of the bridge over Dardenne Creek. Total Project Cost: $4.27M. (1 mile).
- Bates Road Phase I, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri. From McCluer Road to Red Hawk Parkway. Widening from 2 to 3 lanes. Total Project Cost $0.76M. (0.5 miles).
- Bates Road Phase II, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri. From Red Hawk Parkway to Highway N. Widening from 2 to 3 lanes. Total Estimated Design & ROW Cost: $0.88M. (1.0 mile).
- Highway N, Cottleville, Missouri. From Motherhead Road to Mid Rivers Mall Drive. Widening from 2 to 4 lanes. Total Project Cost: $3.20M. (1.1 miles).
Railway Transportation Improvement Projects. Railway transportation improvement project experience includes construction observation, problem discovery, engineering design, and surveying services as a part of the replacement construction administration team for the estimated $655M MetroLink Cross County Extension project. The Cross County Extension project added 8 miles to the existing rail system, which spanned 38 miles from Scott Air Force Base and Shiloh, Illinois to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. Facilities 4 segment included the addition of four new train stations (Richmond Heights, Brentwood I-64, Maplewood-Manchester, and Sunnen), three overpasses (Clayton Road, Brentwood Boulevard, and South Hanley Road), two bridges (Strassner and Black Creek) a tunnel under Interstate 64, and 2.8 miles of track alignment. Total Estimated Construction Costs for Facilities 4 improvements: $50M.